Here are some useful tips to drive sales over THE festive period using MINDBODY
The festive season is upon us again and it can be a challenging time for Health Studios, whether in the Pilates, Yoga, Fitness or general Wellness sectors.
We are now competing for a share of our clients’ wallets against major retailers and products in the overcrowded online (and offline) Xmas market, with most of your clients thinking “I’ll get back to my exercise regime in January”.
But what about December? Bills, Wages, Utilities, Rentes still have to be paid? I know from our experience at Pilates Performance that our December revenues/cash flow can be as little as 5% of our yearly sales…
Here are some marketing/sales tips that have worked in the past and may be of use in driving some much needed sales during the Holiday period.
- Gift Cards
- Gift Cards are a great idea for the “gift of health and wellness” at Xmas, whether customisable online or available in “hard copy” (with Xmas design) at your studio.
- Consider a Facebook post with a link to the online section for Gift Card purchases on MINDBODY (HOME > MANAGER TOOLS > LINKS > ONLINE STORE-GIFT CARDS)
- Make sure you also put some A4 posters around studio advising clients of this Xmas gift idea for family and friends (put it on your tv if you have this resource).
- Use Push Notification on the Branded APP and remember to add the shortened ( https://bitly.com/ ) version of the link to reduce characters.
- Tip: I would always recommend using videos on your Facebook post, it is far more engaging for clients. It can be a simple “wishing you a Happy Xmas message from us all at [studio name]” message, with a reminder “don’t forget to give the gift of health this Xmas with one of our customisable online gift cards”.
- Make sure your Gift Card link is highly visible (landing page) and easy to access on your website.
- Promotion Codes
- We have done some excellent “12 Days of Xmas” promotions using Facebook and Branded App. Basically create 12 Promotion Codes on MINDBODY (HOME > MANAGER TOOLS > PROMOTIONS (under PRICING section).
- Example: “On the 1st Day of Xmas [STUDIO NAME] gave to me…10% OFF 10 packs of Reformer classes….use PROMO CODE XMAS1 at checkout”.
- Remember to ensure your Promotion is ticked to be available online.
- Use a “single” pricing option (e.g. 10 Reformer pack), as opposed to a whole Service Category as this is more focussed and you can track sales performance better.
- By spending a little time you can use the schedule function on Facebook to schedule all of the posts over consecutive days. You can review and edit in Publishing Tools.
- Text and E-mail Campaigns
- With January far away on the fitness/wellness horizon it can be useful waiting until the end of December to create a campaign reminding clients to get ready for post-Xmas resolutions….
- Create an e-mail or Text campaign with links to the checkout page on MINDBODY with an added incentive e.g. “12 Reformer classes for the price of 10 when purchased before 31st December. Activation date 2nd January 2020″…
- Ensure a powerful CTA (call to action) in your message with a sense of urgency (must buy before end of December).
- There are a number of CTA’s you could use e.g. “Bring a friend to his/her first class for FREE”
- Again use multi/cross marketing platforms i.e. promote on Branded App also (with shrunken link).
Just a couple of tips you might find useful.. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help. …….Have a great and happy Xmas!